Attorneys Advocating for America’s Physicians®
ASMAC members are… attorneys, leaders, and advocates for physicians. This is a powerful network and resource for information sharing, learning and brainstorming. ASMAC is committed to providing affordable professional member resources and opportunities.
ASMAC 2016 Fall Conference – The American Club Resort, Wisconsin
ASMAC is a specialized organization of attorneys who are employed by or work on behalf of physician and specialty medical societies and associations throughout the United States. The membership association first began meeting in the early 1970’s and was officially incorporated in Ohio on July 3, 2000. ASMAC’s approximately 145 members are from 39 different states and represent 44 different national and state medical and specialty societies.
ASMAC members are association leaders and advocates for physicians. Representing organized medicine in today’s environment is a complex task. ASMAC offers powerful and timely resources including a member list-serve and conferences that offer opportunities for information sharing and networking. ASMAC officers are committed to providing affordable professional member resources and opportunities.
Members must be:
- Attorneys who are currently admitted to practice in any state or the District of Columbia; and
- One of the following:
- Substantially and regularly engaged in the service of a county or state medical association or society, or a state or national medical specialty society
- An employee of a medical association or society
- Acting as outside counsel for a state medical association or society, a state or national medical specialty society, or a national medical association
- Doing a substantial amount of work for a medical association or society, or
- Substantially engaged in representation of physicians and physician interests.
New members who are not employees of a state or national medical association or society must provide evidence of sponsorship by an eligible medical association or society.
Each applicant for new membership must confirm they meet the eligibility requirements. Renewing members must attest they continue to meet eligibility requirements.